Kadir van Lohuizen: After Us the Deluge
In After Us the Deluge, photographer Kadir van Lohuizen, co-founder of the photo agency NOOR Images, shows the consequences of rising sea levels for humans. He traveled to seven different regions in the world (Greenland, US, Bangladesh, Indonesia, within the Netherlands, Panama and the Pacific) and recorded what is causing global warming.
The result is an equally disturbing and aesthetically impressive time document and photo book.
For each chapter an expert wrote a contribution on the spot about the specific problems in his or her country:
– Henk Ovink, International Water Envoy & First Water Ambassador of the Netherlands
– Dorthe Dahl-Jensen, Arctic scientist at Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen
– Jeff Goodell, author & editor Rolling Stone Magazine and 2020 Guggenheim Fellow
– Elliot Brown, researcher and resident of Guna Yala, Panama
– Amalinda Savirani, Ph.D, Associate professor at Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia,
– Anote Tong, former president of Kiribati
– Sharif Jamil, leader and environmental activist, Bangladesh
– Marjan Minnesma, director and founder of Urgenda, Netherlands
In stock (can be backordered)